Making Waves - or not...

Wednesday, January 10, 2007


Saturday morning was supposed to be back to rowing porridge. I took it (relatively) easy the night before, got to sleep (relatively) early and leapt from my bed in the morning full of energy and ready to go. Sort of.

Even the pounding rain and gentle wafting of the gale-force wind didn’t put me off and I bravely battled across town for an hour to get to the boatyard on time. Once there, I was rather tersely informed that there wouldn’t be any rowing that day “obviously” because there was “too much water”.

I was disappointed (although the river did look particularly dirty and angry so I wasn’t entirely distraught), but I was awake and dressed for action, so I went to the gym instead and then for a swim. It would seem that Saturday morning is a very good time to do both of those things – both the gym and the pool were almost empty.

I went swimming again last night. This not smoking lark is great for the energy levels, but not so hot for the writing skills. I can hardly finish a thought.

The main purpose of this post wasn’t to update you on how little has changed since last I wrote, but to link to this amusing piece from NewsBiscuit. Go there and be entertained – there’s nothing of that sort to be had around these parts today.

6 comments:

swisslet said...

too much water? lightweights.

pull your bloody finger out and stop making excuses.............

Anonymous said...

you heard theman

Anonymous said...

You don't seriously expect me to enjoy Lord Coe's comments????!!!!
Glad to see Swiss Toni looking so ---well???!!!!wowo

Anonymous said...

"Trop d'eau" ?? C'est trop!!
You see--it wouldn't have annoyed you so much in France!!

John McClure said...

Not for the first time in my life - or indeed this week - can I just ask, what in the name of cheap merlot are you talking about?

No more drinking and surfing, all right? And get someone to come and have a look at your keyboard for you. Your punctuation buttons are all messed up.

Anonymous said...

IT WASN'T CHEAP AND how????????????????? DID YOU KNOWW IT WAS FROM me??????????????
NOW YOU'VE GOT US ALL INTERESTED AGAIN---TELL US WHAT YOU'VE BEEN DOING OVER THE WEEKEND--PLEASE WOWO